- Latest News
- My Account
- PLAY NOW!
Soul Light System
- Access to the Gene Replication Network now requires Runners to have -31 Soul Light or higher.
- Access to the Venture Warp Network now requires Runners to have -31 Soul Light or higher.
- Access to vendors in safe zones requires Runners to have -31 Soul Light or higher.
- Access to Apartment Access Interfaces in safe zones requires Runners to have -31 Soul Light or higher.
- Automatic Soul Light regeneration has been disabled.
- Damage output of the TL115 Disruptor lowered by 25% to compensate for aggressive burst bonus.
- Damage output of the TL113 Ceres Assault Rifle CAR-47 and the TL108 Infiltration Assault Rifle IAR-47 lowered by 20% to compensate for aggressive burst bonus.
- Speed malus when equipping a heavy weapon has been reduced from 20% to 10%.
- Switching weapons while reloading has been disabled.
- New hit box colouring has been added to more easily identify clan mates. (Customise BBClanMate in rposcolor.ini)
- Gamemasters are now able to set zones to safezones while the server is running.
- Gamemasters are now able to set zones to automatically log out players after a certain time of idling.
- Gamemasters are now able to set zones to spawn players at the reset point after logging out.
- City Administration have re-enabled the Law Enforcer tax in order to raise funds to increase the security of the Inner City (cash gain reduction). Due to the extra computational strain on the Law Enforcer, Runners may experience a sensation of light headedness while engaging in mentally stimulating activities (XP reduction)
- A malus has been activated reducing the amount of experience and money earned by players with a Law Enforcer.
- A reduction in earned experience becomes active once a runner reaches a base rank of /30, beyond this level the reduction increases to a maximum of 25% at a base rank of /60 and above.
- A reduction in earned cash becomes active once a Runner reaches a combat rank of 30/, beyond this level the reduction increases to 50% at a combat rank of 60 and above
- ALL SECTORS
- Snow has been removed from all weather patterns. Missing weather patterns, such as thunder storms, have been restored.
- PLAZA DISTRICT
- Additional CopBots have been stationed at zone lines and in other important locations in Plaza Sector 1, 2, 3 & 4
- A STORMbot is now on duty in Plaza 3 at the zone line to Pepper Park.
- City Administration guards are stationed outside of City Administration HQ. Enemy runners will be shot on sight.
- Windows in Archer & Wesson in Plaza Sector 2 are now solid.
- Preventative measures have been installed to prevent CopBots falling into the pool in Plaza Sector 2.
- PEPPER PARK DISTRICT
- CopBots have been removed from Pepper Park Sectors 1, 2 & 3. At the request of NExT, CopBots in the Subway entrances will stay at their posts a little while longer.
- Apartment smuggler's position has been fixed.
- OUTZONE DISTRICT
- Duplicate epic NPCs have been removed from Outzone Sector 8.
- Position of some NPCs have been improved/fixed in Outzone Sector 8.
- New replacement sound effects have been added for Laser Cannons, Plasma Cannons, Ionic Rifles and Apartment Access Interfaces.
- A new RPOS color scheme is available with /set gfx_hudcolor 10
- Further additional changes were made to assist with the implementation of new features in the future.
- Fixed several exploits
- Used an approach similar to splines to smooth interpolation
- Several further tweaks to the interpolation
- Fixed rubberband bug
- Fixed hacknet mobs not dealing damage
- Fixed parsing of default options for several NPCs
- Fixed a buffer overflow when updating world actors
- Raised Neocron's bandwidth limitations
- Fixed several reasons for invisible damage
- Fixed an error which lead to items dropping from the trade window back into the player's inventory
- Music should now play independent of the windows compatibility mode setting
- The damage of beam weapons should now be calculated correctly
- Fixed beams not showing on several weapons
- Added the techlevel of the item to construct to blueprints
- Law enforced players are now buffable by non law enforced players, but not vice versa!
- The existing speed cap has been adjusted so speed tapers off more dramatically at higher livels of agility and athletics. Players with extreme speed setups will see a reduction of speed.
- Reworked netcode (see known issues)
- Window mode now supports very high resolutions as well (numbers must be multiples of two)
- Fixed a number of exploits and critical security issues
- Fixed a number of bad world data causes
- Fixed an issue with the loginserver
- Fixed a number of gameserver crashes
- Fixed incorrect team money distribution
- Team money distribution is now calculated at once instead of receiving all money first, then paying a share to teammates
- Fixed a bug that caused NPCs to retreat from combat
- NPCs now use a line of sight for targeting that is comparable to that of player characters
- Fixed drones not launching in a number of situations
- Reduced wait time between drone launches, in case a launch failed
- Appartment passwords may now contain the ' char
- Account passwords may now contain the chars . and #
- Slightly tweaked/increased overall performance
- High level Plasma Pistols can now be obtained from the Canyon Smuggler.
- Misc. smaller fixes
- Netcode/Clipping: The reworked netcode is much more accurate than any previous version. While this is great in many ways and will reward good movement in PvP, it also introduces a problem: With player movement not being the soft pulp it used to be, the uncapped Evol 2.2 runspeeds can now make it very difficult to keep lock on your target. We feel that it may be benefitial for PvP to tone down ultra fast runspeeds even before we get to the greater balancing. Of course, we appreciate constructive feedback regarding the matter and will continue to observe how things pan out on retail.
- Server stability: The patch introduced a number of new issues of which we have contained many, but not all. Naturally, a fix for the known issues will be provided at the soonest possibility.
- Fixed a number of exploits
- Fixed a number of server and client crashes
- Fixed a bug that could lead to damaged chardata
- Interpolation (clipping) fix redone from the ground up
- Fixed an issue preventing players from activating Gene Replicators inside appartments
- Fixed the combat rank of droners being lower than expected in certain cases
- Fixed the CR being too low when changing zones inside a vehicle
- Fixed the respawn behaviour of several container types (containers spawning quest items, e.g. Grim's ID cube, as well as hacknet code fragments)
- Fixed the buy/sell window covertly resetting the amount to a value of 1 when clicking buy/sell. Now it properly retains the previous value
- Fixed item count not corresponding with the entered amount when moving stacks of items
- Fixed drone AoE damage, LEd droners now damage themselves as well as their drones
- Fixed CR being too high inside hacknet
- Fixed Fallen Angels CityCom missions
- Outzone Sewer Sec-1 now uses the correct world
- Added Outzone and Pepper Park apartment key smuggler to Pepper Park Sec-1
- Black Dragon contacts have been sighted outside of the Pussy Club
- Fixed a number of gameworld bugs and missing objects in Via Rosso Sectors 1, 2 and 3.
- Fixed a number of gameworld bugs and missing objects in Pepper Park Sectors 1, 2 and 3 including the Crahn Church
- The Snack-A-Tack shop in Pepper Park Sec-3 went out of business
- Removed OOC advertisment in Pepper Park Sec-1 and Via Rosso Sec-2
- New vendors have moved into Battle Dome
- Arrested the thief of the sign post in the newbie Area MC5 and returned the sign safely to its home
- Overhaul of H14 and the H14 Command Unit
- Replanted several trees in J 04
- Fixed several floating objects in H 15 and fixed the hole in the fence near MC5
- Female vendors now have the correct skin
- Significantly increased rare part drop chances for Warbots and a number of related techmobs.
- Fixed GenRep costs for Crahn, Black Dragon, Tsunami Syndicate, Fallen Angels and Twilight Guardian HQs to reflect their post-DoY locations.
- Fixed several server side crashes
- Fixed a problem with the patcher
- TL92 Pulselaser Pistol is back in stock
- Staff Sergeant Van Dyk has moved
- Turrets in Tech Haven's Energy Core 2 now return fire
- Sometimes after zoning the screen becomes grey/blue/etc, to fix it press alt+e twice
- Wildcard search inside citycom still not reenabled
- Dropped support for DirectX 7
- Changed FoV angle, therefore players seem to move slower
- Fixed numerous exploits and vulnerabilities
- Fixed several possible server crashes
- Fixed a bug that stopped Neocron from launching when certain applications are open ("Chrome Bug")
- Fixed a crash on alt+tab in wastelands in full screen mode
- Fixed the main menu going black on alt+tab in full screen mode
- Fixed a crash caused by neocron.ini not being writable
- Changed the way interpolation is handled ("clipping fix")
- Tweaked the net code to always include y updates and update more frequently
- Fixed a bug that caused the HUD not being rendered on screenshots
- Screenshots are now saved as .jpg
- Fixed a bug that caused the HUD to reset to default state after a crash
- Removed legacy elements from the HUD (e.g.: recover backpack)
- Fixed misalignment of world map at widescreen resolutions (full screen mode)
- Fixed culling problems with widescreen resolutions (full screen mode)
- Fixed misaligned outpost signs
- Added widescreen resolutions to the launcher configuration panel
- Added Anisotropic Filtering, configurable via the launcher configuration panel
- Fixed truncation of entries inside error.log
- Added timestamps to the damage log
- Fixed an issue with team XP calculation
- Fixed combat rank not always being updated
- Fixed a bug that allowed overcasting of stronger shields.
- Fixed low level drones being very hard to use
- Reduced the intensity of visual interference when Drones are being damaged
- Fixed several issues and exploits concerning casting
- Changed the way combat ranks are being calculated
- Fixed AI not being able to target drones in special cases
- Fixed a reloading bug
- Fixed drop rate of fragment from Tacholytium Titan Warbot for Crahn Epic mission #4. Now always drops for those with the mission.
- Fixed spawn of Malfunctioning Warbot Prototype in the MIRL-600 Warhammer Mission
- Fixed spawn of Heff in TG Canyon.
- Fixed a conflict between Reza's Calling & Regant's Faith Missions
- Turned around the CopBot staring at the wall in Plaza Sector 1 (after 8 years, the wall wins)
- Added permanent spawn for the Outzone Sector 2 High Tech Cannon Smuggler
- Added permanent entrance to the Drone Racetrack in Tech Haven Sector 2
- Fixed position and alignment for a large number of static objects and NPCs
- Fixed a large number of wrong object types (e.g.: CityComs being tagged as chairs)
- Fixed many more miscellaneous game world issues
- Removed OOC advertisement from the Plaza area
- Replaced Outzone Station ambient sound
- Added RN Terminals to Crahn HQ
- Temporarily removed outpost turrets
- Added TL63 Gatlin Cannon to high level low tech cannon vendor
- Added a new loading screen
- Fixed Venture Warp returning players to apartment
Hotfix Patch R176
- Implemented a fallback inside the D3D9 driver, older cards should work again
- Enlarged horizontal field of view to 110 degrees
- Fixed several possible reasons for server crashes
- Fixed issues with the netcode causing packet loss
- Fixed issues with terminal missions in several HQs
- Entering wildcards in the player search does not work anymore
- Sometimes after zoning the screen becomes grey/blue/etc, to fix it press alt+e twice