- Latest News
- My Account
- PLAY NOW!
What do we need?
Your application should tell us about yourself, your relation to Neocron (including game/forum account name(s)) and include the items on the below list:
- Examples of relevant role-specific work you've done in the past (doesn't need to be Neocron related).
- Details of your qualifications and previous experiences.
- We need to know whether you're affiliated with another video games company.
Things to consider
- You will need to sign a paper which grants us the right to freely use everything you create for us now and in the future.
- We need people who are eager to contribute on a regular basis and are very reliable to ensure that our development process runs smoothly.
- You need to be able to contribute an average of 4 or more hours per week.
- Neocron is a voluntary project so all work would be carried out free of charge, of course we are happy for this work to be used in portfolios and presentations.
- Finally, we can only accept you application if you are at least 18 years old.
Where do I send my application?
Please send your application to email@example.com. Only applications submitted in English will be considered, as we are an international team strong English skills are required. We will try to get in touch with you as soon as we can. However, If you don't receive an answer within three days, do not hesitate to send us a short reminder.
Below are the roles we're currently actively recruiting for. However even if we're not actively looking for someone with your skill set, we'd still love to hear from you if you think you have skills we could use. Just drop us a line as per the above and we'll get back to you. This page is updated often as our needs and team evolve over time.
Frontend Web Developer(s)
- Desirable: Experience with Orchard CMS.
- Required: Independent worker, eye for detail, creative, mission scripting, dialogue writing, storyboarding, ability to easily expand the ideas of others and an in depth understanding of Neocron's storyline and lore.
- Desirable: Experience with gameworld editors, mission building and a flair for gameworld design.
3D Artist(s) & Texture Artist(s)
- Required: Experience with 3DSMax, low-poly modelling for games
- Desirable: Rigging using bones is a plus as also knowledge about 3DSMax 7 and or Milkshape
- Required: Strong experience in Photoshop and smilar texturing tools
- Desirable: Experience with mapping channels, traditional painting skills, non-destructive workflow. Experience within level texturing will be a plus.
- Required: Strong experience in Hammer and smilar mapping tools. You need to party like it's 1999.
As part of Neocron's 15th Anniversary celebrations, the NST have released a new patch with new content and enabled a one time only character transfer for characters held on the old Terra, Mars and Mercury servers.
Patch notes can be view in the patches section of the website and details of the character transfers can be found here.
The Neocron Support Team is pleased to announce the release of patch 217-218 to Titan. This release features a lot of UI and stability improvements to Neocron. The full patch notes can be found in the patch notes section.
Important: Key Bindings Changed!
Please reassign your keys. In the key options click DEFAULT and from there start assigning your wished key bindings again. If you do not reassign your keys, formerly ALT+[KEY] combination will work on [KEY] only!
The NST balance team for Neocron Evolution 2.3 have started testing of the next stage of balancing on the test server with changes to implants and armour.
Full test server patch details are on the Neocron Forums.
Please post any feedback and comments to the forum.
In addition to the R#216 patch, the following soft-update fixes have been made.
- NPC health decreased (-26%)
- A test server drug was removed. (NCPD - move along!)
Recently we joined the Discord revolution by creating the Official Neocron Discord community.
Due to the early success of this and the decline in use of our Official Neocron IRC channel, we have decided to not invest time in restoring our recently poorly IRC server.
Going forward we encourage everyone to join the Neocron Discord community where they can chat with the community and Neocron Support Team alike.
Discord offers many significant advantages over IRC which we hope will be of use to the community. Not only does Discord chat persist across sessions and devices but it also offers voice chat, easy image sharing, link previews, straight forward mobile apps and a rich friend system.
We hope to see you there!
It’s here! Neocron Evolution 2.3 is now live on Titan.
Welcome to the next evolution of Neocron, packed full of changes, updates and bug fixes. This update goes way beyond even its own extensive patch notes (EN/DE). Not only does it deliver change today, it brings a ton of behind the scenes changes enabling us to keep adding to the game in the future.
We hope you’re as excited as us, we’ll see you in game!
Get Ready to Evolve! Prepare for Saturday.
On Saturday 12th November Neocron evolves again with the release of the Neocron Evolution 2.3 update. If you've not read the news already, you can read the details here.
Bringing this update to you will require some server downtime; to apply the patch, carry out some maintenance and perform some testing. We expect the downtime to last several hours and start in the late morning (CET).
Part of the maintenance will involve the reset of all non-apartment sectors of the game world. This involves taking them offline and essentially resetting them to their default state. This process ensures changes we've made to NPCs, sectors and missions all work as intended.
So, does what that mean for you?
- You must ensure you collect Quick Belts you may have left in the game world. When sectors are reset, the contents of any belts left lying around will be lost.
- You must ensure you finish any running missions. If you have text in your Mission Log window (F8 of the RPOS), you will need to complete the mission before the downtime begins. If you don't, you will need to start the mission again from the beginning.
- You will have some time on your hands while the servers are offline. For this we will provide you with the patch notes, so you can read and digest the many changes that will greet you when the servers come back online.
That's it! We can't wait to launch the update on Saturday and hope to see many of you online once Neocron Evolution 2.3 is released.
It is with great pleasure that on behalf of the Neocron Support Team I announce our target release date for Neocron’s next evolution. We appreciate the road to this point has been long and winding but as a team we are proud to finally bring you something very special indeed.
Neocron Evolution 2.3 releases Saturday 12th November 2016.
Reaching this point has involved the writing and rewriting of thousands of lines of code. Huge chunks of Neocron’s underlying systems have been gutted and entirely reengineered from the ground up.
Where there was once an unruly and at times haphazard weapon system, now lies a modern and efficient system. Acting as a foundation to be built upon the future the new system is designed with flexibility, growth and agile iteration in mind.
Shield mechanics have been completely re-implemented, fixing countless bugs and decoupling their behaviours from other systems which had previously limited their application. This also adds flexibility for future extension to the shield system.
Damage Boost, Parashock, “Leg Shots” and Foreign Cast mechanisms have all been completely rewritten making them flexible, configurable and most importantly – reliable.
A key part of the rebuild has been to return much loved weapon behaviours and setups to the fore. As a Runner in Neocron Evolution 2.3 you should have more setup choice than ever.
Finally, the Pegasus Engine, the Neocron Support Team’s evolution of Neocron’s game engine, has received several enhancements enabling positive change now and into the future. A number of graphical and logical features have been implemented, again with a focus on modularity and configurability.
This is just a taste of the changes awaiting you in Neocron Evolution 2.3 and the work involved to build the biggest Neocron update in over a decade. This also marks our return to more frequent updates going forward. Full patch notes will follow with the launch of Neocron Evolution 2.3.
In the meantime, point your friends and enemies alike to https://neocron-game.com/client-download and get ready to evolve.