Technical Updates & Bug Fixes
- Neocron's source code has been updated to make use of a newer runtime version. In order to continue playing Neocron you will need to download the latest verion of vcredist_x86.exe from Microsoft.
- Regardless of your operating system version, you need the x86 version of the download. Neocron is a 32bit application and as such requires the 32bit version.
- A new version of the Neocron Community Edition installer was made available on Neocron-Game.com for new and returning users.
- A bug was fixed that caused sudden death after synchronising
- A bug was fixed which allowed sanctum spells to 'overcast' better PSI manipulations
- A crash was fixed which could occur during character creation.
- A crash was fixed which could occur when casting PSI modules
- A crash was fixed which could occur when using team invites
- New commands added to our mission scripting language
- New features have been added to the mission system. While these are not visible to you yet, they will enable us to create more and better missions.
- AFK Flags have been implemented. You can set your afk state via command /set afk 1 (0 to remove AFK). When enabled Runners will have "AFK" next to their name when targeted.
- A new option has been added to the Hardware Configuration window, players can now toggle dynamic lighting on some NPCs. This option is set to off by default.
- An early version of a new kind of NPC was added
- WAITER NPCs did not correctly hide/duck to "evade" from players with weapons, this has been fixed. NPCs of this kind will be introduced in future updates.
- PMAN NPCs should now stop when players talk or trade with them, this kind of NPC will flee from players with weapons but not from CopBots. When on patrol this kind of NPC should now correctly greet when encountering players. NPCs of this kind will be introducted in futue updates.
- NPCs can now have much higher health
- Health values of some NPCs have been adjusted
- A bug was fixed to prevent NPC Health from jumping when they move
- Several unique high level kill target NPCs no longer give XP when attacked or killed
- Faction and City Guards no longer give XP when attacked or killed
- The npc dialog mechanic has been revamped but remains a work in progress.
- A new category "FEEDBACK" has been added to the in game bug tracker
- Color codes to indicating the items quality added but just for Info-Windows at moment.
- All Rare and WoC weapons have been modified - this is still work in progress your feedback is needed and very welcome
- Health regeneration has been removed from the client, health calculations are now carried out server-side.
- Synchronisation of health has been reworked. Runner health should now update instantly without 'jumping'
- Damage calculation has been removed from the client, damage causations are now carried out server-side
- Synchronisation of damage has been reworked. Damage should now be applied more smoothly, preventing runner health from 'jumping'
- Beam weapons should now hit their target more often thanks to changes made to damage synchronisation.
- Synchronisation and behaviour of Death-Flags has been reworked. This should eliminate bugs when using resurrection modules ("the rezz-bug").
- Leg damage is no longer realised using the inventory load code. Movement penalties for damaged legs are calculated independently now.
- Handling of leg damage has was reworked. Movement speed updates are more frequent now and you can "fix" legs by healing them directly.
- New splash screens have been added for the Neocron Support Team, Reakktor and Pegasus. you can see these when Neocron starts.
- Pegasus is the codename for the newer Neocron Client, our development framework, backend services and all the developments we have made since taking over the Neocron project in 2012.
- A new version of the NPC dialogue window was added. The new NPC dialogue experience is still a work in progress.
- A significant number of graphic assets have been re-created from scratch in a much higher resolution. A smaller number of entirely new assets have also been created and added. You can see these new graphics across the entire game world.
- The list of updates graphic assets includes:
- Most pro-City Administration retailer logos/signs
- All faction logos/signs
- All holographic traffic system signs (inner city)
- Metal traffic system signs (Outzone)
- Holographic frames
- Most advertisements for in-game products and businesses
- Most graffiti spray paint style signs
- Warning and hazard signs
- Most miscellaneous posters and litter decorations
- Blood and other liquid splatters
- Grime, dirt, rust, mould, crack and damaged material textures
- Club Jailhouse specific decorations including logos and graffiti
- Tech Haven information system signs
- Sewer entrance hatch textures
- Rotten box textures, including new varieties with company logos
- MedKit textures
- Terminator Assault Quads have a slightly sharper texture
- ...and many more!
- A number of improvements have been made to the NavRay, with the aim of making navigation easier for both new and existing players.
- Several menu and sub menu names have been updated/corrected in NavRay
- NavRay menus have been updated with several additional locations across the game world:
- Job Centre
- Outzone Apartment Complex Apartments
- Neocron & Dome of York Entrances
- Industrial Area Sec-2
- References to Con Center and Job Centre have been updated to unify spelling
- Mr Jones Mission locations are more clearly marked in NavRay
- Faction names have been corrected in the NavRay
- NavRay routing has been improved in Plaza 2. Several routing issues have been resolved.
- NavRay routing has been improved in the Pepper Park District. Several routing issues have been resolved.
- NavRay routing has been added to all subway station platforms
- NavRay routing has been added to subway tracks. Runners will now be advised to use the subway when travelling in Neocron City.
- NavRay now functions in the Outzone Apartment Complex (1, 2 & 3)
- NavRay routing has been added to the Outzone Apartment Complex (1, 2 & 3)
- NavRay routing has been updated in the Twilight Guardian Canyon Facility. Among others, this corrects the issue of finding the Canyon's All Buyer with the NavRay.
- NavRay now functions in Military Base Sec-1
- NavRay routing has been added to Military Base Sec-1
- The first mission from our mission writing contest, "NPCD has an eye on you", has been implemented. Agent Jones is waiting for you in front of NCPD Headquarters in Viarosso Sector 3.
- Since Neocron's maximum limit for missions (runs with more than 1 mission) had been reached by Reakktor, we had to implement a new system to handle mission implementation. This is the first mission which uses the new system.
- New low/mid-level mission "Canyon Secret Service" has been introduced.
- This missions starts in the Canyon Facility and has (new) Twilight Guardian Runners travel to Neocron City.
- Tech Haven Corporate Contacts missions (missions to gain faction sympathy) have had the number of kill targets reduced. Each mission now also rewards more Faction Sympathy.
- New missions have been added to the Outzone Jailhouse allowing Runners with negative Soul Light to gain Soul Light. More info on these missions is below.
- CityCom delivery missions for City Mercs now correctly display NPC and Sector names in mission dialogue
- Black Dragon CityCom missions no longer direct players to Tsunami Syndicate HQ Recruiters
- Regant PA Run (final mission: old dirty conster) has been updated.
- A number of signs and other graphics have been tweaked/repositioned in City Administration HQ
- A number of signs and other graphics have been tweaked/repositioned across the Plaza District
- A number of signs and other graphics have been tweaked/repositioned across the Viarosso District
- A number of signs and other graphics have been tweaked/repositioned across the Pepper Park District
- A number of signs and other graphics have been tweaked/repositioned across the Subway and Outzone District
- A number of signs and other graphics have been tweaked/repositioned in Outposts across the Wastelands
- Audio announcements have been added to the Subway when arriving and departing each station. This audio should assist new players when navigating Neocron City.
- Voice announcement added when players enter the ConCenter
- Voice announcement added when players enter City Administration HQ
- Ambient music has been restored to several retailers in Plaza Sec-1
Outzone Sector 8, Club Jailhouse
- This is the first step of our rework of the Jailhouse, Soul Light and Anarchy Breed. Outzone 8 is intended to be a safe haven for negative Soul Light Runners, giving more options to players who choose to play with negative soul light. More changes will arrive in the future.
- Added a medical area, allowing negative Soul Light Runners to obtain medical supplies
- Added a shopping area for consumables, allowing negative Soul Light Runners to obtain ammo, parts and substances.
- Added a Yo's Pawn Shop All Buyer, allowing negative Soul Light Runners to sell off junk and other items
- Added NPCs, decorations and new HD decals and actors
- Changed some NPC Models, NPC Weapons (Guards) and NPC locations.
- New repeatable mission "NeoCare in the Community" has been introduced.
- A low and high level version of this longer mission is available, allowing runners to re-gain a larger amount of Soul Light. These missions start in the new medical area of Outzone 8.
- A new repeatable mission, "Jailhouse Good Guys", has been implemented.
- A low (level 30-44), mid (45-54) and high level (55+) version of this mission is available, allowing Runners to gain Soul Light. These missions start in the bar area of Club Jailhouse within Outzone 8.
- The high level mission currently uses the Anarchy Breed Camps from the Tech Haven Corporate Contact missions (AB-Harrasser and Aggressors). This will be changed / these camps will be reworked and new camps will be added in a future patch.
MILITARY BASE ENTRANCE
- Added permanent CityCom and GoGuardian near zone entrance
- Improved the placement of guards in the sector
- Updated signage to reflect changes in Military Base Sec-1
- Add new decorations
MILITARY BASE SECTOR 1
- Fixed the positions of many static actors and NPCs
- Revamped signage in the zone to improve navigation
- Revamped the Bar/Dancer area to improve seating and usability
- Added extra decoration in the form of new decals
- Added ambient audio to shops to add atmosphere
- Added a bank of CityComs to the middle of the zone
- Fixed the position of many static actors e.g. floating boxes
- Moved several City Merc Contact Person NPCs closer to the Entrance zone line to ease frustrations with trade skill missions.
- Dancing is no longer restricted to Neocron 2 era NPCs
- Everyone's favourite dancer in Pepper Park Sector 2 is once again getting her groove on
- Leaning against walls is no longer restricted to Neocron 2 era NPCs
- Black Lily now looks a lot more relaxed for the first time since 2004
- In game welcome mail "Death in Neocron" has been updated to remove references backpacks
- Fixed a typo in NExT's faction description found on the CityCom
- Ammo for Mini Rocket Launchers is now sold by the correct Pistol Ammo vendor
- Moved Hogan Dunfield to a new location again, to reduce exploit possibility
- Added a guard to the lower floor of the Tsunami Syndicate HQ to improve security in the sector
- NPC Inquisitor Kaine has been moved to a new location within the same sector.
- New NPCs have been spotted in the Canyon Facility
- New NPC Massahiro can be found in Tsunami Syndicate HQ selling emergency supplies of Valadium to loyal Tsunami Runners
- New NPC Crazy Ivan can be found in Tsunami Syndicate HQ selling emergency supplies of XOR Chips to loyal Tsunami Runners
- Fixed the inventory image, name and price of furniture item DoY Bed
- Fixed the inventory image, name and price of furniture item DoY Bed with Light
- Plants in Pepper Park apartments no longer function as Gene Replicators
- Belts should no longer drop in sector C07 (Tyron Factory)
- Freezer Rifles now correctly sit on the players back when viewed from 3rd person perspective.
- Fixed the item description of the TL 29 Crahn Blessed DamageBoost
- Fixed the item description of the TL 41 Crahn Blessed DamageBoost Sanctum
- When put on the floor, Greg's Medkits now use the correct medical kit model
- Boobs & Guns now use all four Neocron 2 era dancer models as vendors
- The XP and Money Malus of LE wearing players are now visible in the implants window.
- Outzone Apartment Complex access interfaces have been renamed to follow the standard apartment naming schema.
Hotfix R#193 & R#194
These patches contained small updates to re-enable support for Windows XP. Please note that Neocron's support for Windows XP will be discontinued at some point in the future. Windows XP is no longer supported by Microsoft, as per their guidance we urge all Windows XP users to upgrade their operating system as soon as possible.
Hotfix R#195 & R#196
- Team pointers have been reenabled to display the health of team members in the same sector
- New Feature: Clan pointers have been added to display the health of clan members in the same sector
- Clan pointers can be toggled using ALT+J or with the /set ctrl_showclanarrows command. This toggle is available as we appreciate high quantities of labels may be problematic for larger clans.
- CopBots have been equipped with new rifles which deal increased damage and have a slight stun effect
- A number of high level monsters - including warbots, doom harbringers and other high level encounters - have more health and deal increased damage
- Health bars for NPCs with particularly high health now display correctly
- Remote repair tools should now function again as normal